BEng, DMS, CEng, Eur Ing, MICE, MCIHT, MCMI
Andy is a Director of Transport Insights. Andy’s skills lie in having a wide range of knowledge and experience obtained through his civil engineering, transport planning and policy development background, enabling him to develop a broad strategic view of transport planning in its wider social, economic and environmental context.
Through his 34-year career in central and local government in the UK and 10 years working with transport planning consultants in both the UK and Ireland, Andy has:
- Designed and overseen construction of a variety of civil engineering projects
- Managed and allocated government motorway/road network improvement and maintenance budgets
- Developed sustainable surface access strategies and transport schemes
- Advised ministers and senior government officials on all aspects of surface transport policy development and delivery
- Acted as Chief Executive of a government advisory body
- Advised transport planning consultants on public sector client requirements and coaching Senior staff on the public policy environment and client expectations
- Set up and provided corporate direction for Transport Insights over the last 9 years.
Andy has an in-depth understanding and interest in the wider spatial, economic and political context in which transport operates, and the key drivers influencing and affecting policy and delivery systems. Andy’s key experience includes:
- Managing transport scheme delivery
- Leading and developing teams
- Corporate development and leadership
- Providing policy advise to government
- Developing and implementing transport strategies, as part of wider land use strategies
- Providing expert witness statements and at oral hearings
- Senior relationship management and dispute resolution.