Primary Location: Dublin, Ireland
Discipline: Behavioural Change
Type of Position: 2-year fixed term (subject to contract)
Job Posting: 18 November 2020
Application Close Date: 27 November 2020
Transport Insights is an Irish based transport planning consultancy. With a team of internationally experienced consultants, we provide innovative, effective and deliverable transport related advice and cost effective, sustainable solutions.
Since establishment in 2013, Transport Insights has grown progressively, and has developed an unrivalled client base across private and public sectors. We have successfully delivered hundreds of projects of varying scope and complexity in Ireland and internationally, with the quality of our work evidenced by the long-standing relationships we have developed with industry partners and clients.
Our projects require a broad range of skills and the ability to deliver quality work within a fast-moving and deadline-driven environment. We are now seeking a Sustainable Transport/ Mobility Management Consultant to work on the National Transport Authority’s Smarter Travel Programme which is delivered by Transport Insights in partnership with Green Workplaces. The focus of the programme is to support workplace and campus partners throughout Ireland to implement travel plans that achieve a modal shift towards sustainable modes and reduce/ minimise car use. The link between active travel and health/ wellbeing is a motivating factor for many workplace and campus partners, and the successful candidate will assist partners in identifying and developing related behavioural change opportunities.
- A qualification relating to transport, behavioural change, health promotion, engineering, sustainability or environmental management
- Experience in delivering behavioural change interventions
- Experience in coordinating events, seminars and health and wellness initiatives
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- An ability to comprehend and communicate complex issues effectively and clearly to technical and non-technical audiences
- Clear, accurate and concise report-writing, email and Microsoft Office skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyse data and present comprehensive results and reports
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel), and social media platforms
- On-line survey software packages such as SurveyMonkey (desirable)
- Website editing, including use of WordPress (desirable)
- An interest in active commuting, mobility management, sustainable transport and development (desirable)
Management and leadership skills:
- Ability to work on tasks autonomously, and proactively engage with other team members
- Strong organisational and multitasking skills
- Focus on efficiency and effectiveness, and a desire to strive for continuous improvement
The successful candidate will work remotely until ongoing Covid-19 restrictions are lifted, after which time they will be office-based within the Dublin 2 area.
While sustainable travel to partner sites is the preferred mode of transport, a full clean driving licence and access to a car is required, due to the location of some partners and events. Travel nationwide is may take ca. 20% of allocated time when current Covid-19 restrictions have been lifted.
Rewards and Benefits
- Competitive core salary, with additional benefits
- 25 days annual leave
- Cycle to work and tax saver public transport schemes
- One paid annual professional institutional membership fee
- Formal training and development support
- Flexible working hours
- Regular social evenings outside of work! 😊
How to Apply
To apply, please send a short cover email and your current CV to [email protected].