Primary Location: Dublin, Ireland
Discipline: Transport Planning/ Engineering
Type of Position: Permanent full-time position
Job Posting: August 2020
Transport Insights is an Irish based transport planning consultancy. With a team of internationally experienced consultants, we provide innovative, effective and deliverable transport related advice and cost effective, sustainable solutions.
We offer a wide range of transport planning related services to clients in public and private sectors including capital investment planning; option appraisal and prioritisation; development and accessibility planning; public transport planning; sustainable transport; traffic and parking management; and transport strategy development.
Our projects require a broad range of skills and the ability to deliver quality work within a fast-moving and deadline-driven environment. We are now seeking an enthusiastic, numerate, client focussed Principal Consultant who is interested in analysing and understanding transport problems, and developing sustainable solutions for all transport users. Working within an integrated, collaborative team, this role not only provides you with exposure to a wide variety of projects, but also offers the opportunity to develop and hone your technical skills.
The Principal Consultant position is an excellent opportunity for you to join an established team with a diverse client base and a strong pipeline of future work in Ireland and internationally, develop your technical capabilities and client engagement skills, and shape your career. In return, you will benefit from a generous salary and Transport Insights’ employee benefits package, and formal training and development opportunities.
- Pursuing direct marketing activities with prospective clients.
- Marketing/business development through drafting blog articles, fact sheets, articles for industry publications, and other means of building individual and corporate profile.
- Representation of Transport Insights in public forums and substituting for Associate Director and Managing Director as and when necessary.
- Providing support to management in developing Transport Insights’ Business Plan.
- Scoping new projects with clients.
- Responsible for developing project proposals, leading contract negotiations and securing contracts (small to medium value proposals (< ~€25k), and contributing to larger value proposals (> ~€25k)).
- Responsible for leading delivery of project portfolio to time, budget and quality standards.
- Responsible for delivery of specific projects to time, budget and quality standards.
- Managing client expectations regarding scope and timescales.
- Lead Transport Insights’ representation at client meetings.
- Completing all staff appraisals on time.
- Supporting management in developing team ethos, culture and performance.
- Responsible for providing support, challenge and direction to team members in developing and delivering solutions that meet company and client expectations.
- Responsible for training, developing and mentoring team members, and transferring expertise and knowledge to enhance own and team members’ capabilities.
- A first degree in a scientific or related subject.
- A Masters level qualification in Transport Planning or equivalent (preferable).
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in transport planning or closely related subject.
- A minimum of 1 year in a leadership role, involving staff management and client engagement.
- A proven track record of delivery at a project portfolio level.
- Honesty and Integrity – an ability to build a team ethos based on core values.
- Self-awareness – must understand their own strengths and weaknesses.
- Vision and innovation – to challenge the status quo and push for continuous improvement.
- Courage – to make, substantiate and see through difficult decisions.
- An ability to delegate effectively, to enable and encourage the best from team members.
- Effective presentation and advocacy skills.
- An ability to communicate complex issues effectively and clearly for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Clear accurate and concise report-writing skills.
- Well-developed listening and interpersonal skills.
- Well-developed and proven relevant transport planning skills with demonstrable operational expertise.
- Having a knowledge and understanding of key developments in transport planning and related fields (such as civil engineering and land use planning).
Rewards and Benefits
- Competitive core salary.
- Staff bonus scheme eligibility.
- Company pension contributions.
- Income protection cover.
- Death in service cover.
- Training and development support.
- 25 days annual leave.
- Flexible working hours.
To apply, please send a short cover email and your current CV to Ciaran McKeon at [email protected].