Primary Location: Dublin, Ireland
Discipline: Office administration/ management
Type of Position: Permanent part-time position
Job Posting: 24 April 2019
Transport Insights is an Irish based transport planning consultancy. With a team of internationally experienced consultants, we provide innovative, effective and deliverable transport related advice and cost effective, sustainable solutions. We are now seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly skilled Office Manager to join this successful and dynamic international consultancy.
As an experienced Office Manager will be responsible for the smooth running of a busy office on a day-to-day basis, including:
- Implementing, maintaining and, when necessary, improving procedures/office administrative systems.
- Maintaining financial records of the business, including recording client invoice payments and completing VAT returns.
- Maintaining personnel records, systems and information, ensuring these are kept up to date and operated in accordance with legal requirements.
You will hold an AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting Level 3 (or similar) and will have experience of working within a similar role, be highly efficient with a can-do attitude, in all aspects of office management. As a valuable and reliable team player, you will be able to prioritise and time manage your workload. With excellent communication skills, you will be a people person who can liaise with people at all levels, as well as having a strong attention to detail. In return, you will benefit from a generous salary and Transport Insights’ employee benefits package, and formal training and development opportunities.
- Implementing, maintaining and, when necessary, improving procedures/office administrative systems, including the Employee Handbook.
- Preparing and organising documents for board and team meetings, including drafting and issuing minutes and ensuring that key actions stated are followed up on by relevant parties.
- Maintaining financial records of the business, including recording client invoice payments and processing of VAT returns.
- Maintaining and operating the purchasing system.
- Maintaining and developing the company website and email accounts, including posting blog articles, fact sheets etc.
- Maintaining personnel records, systems (incl. preparing payroll details) and information, ensuring these are kept up to date and operated in accordance with legal requirements and the Employee Handbook.
- General admin support to the Managing Director and teams, including booking travel, meetings social events etc.
- Desirable: AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting Level 3 (or similar) or a Business Administration/Management qualification.
- A minimum of 4 years’ relevant experience in office administration and maintenance of office systems and records.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in office, financial and HR management, with a track record of effective performance.
- Extensive experience of using Microsoft Excel.
- Honesty, Integrity and a willingness to challenge.
- Strong customer service ethos.
- Enthusiastic, proactive, with a can-do attitude.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Communication skills:
- Clear accurate and concise writing skills.
- Professional administrative and record keeping skills.
- Technical skills:
- Strong numeracy skills.
- Knowledge of employee law.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office, databases and social media.
- Ability to manage and handle finance/budgetary data and spreadsheets.
Rewards and Benefits
- Competitive core salary.
- Company pension contributions.
- Income protection cover.
- Death in service cover.
- Training and development support.
- 25 days annual leave (pro-rata depending on hours).
- Flexible working hours.
To apply, please send a short cover email and your current CV to Ciaran McKeon at [email protected].