Primary Location: Dublin, Ireland
Discipline: Transport Planning/ Engineering or related fields
Job Posting: July 2020
We are seeking an Intern Transport Planner with a clear interest in developing transport planning and/ or engineering skills within a consultancy environment. The candidate should be self-motivated, enthusiastic, hardworking, flexible, willing to take responsibility and comfortable working as part of team.
The Intern Transport Planner position is an excellent opportunity for you to join an established team with a diverse client base and a strong pipeline of future work in Ireland and internationally, develop your technical capabilities and client engagement skills, and shape your career. Many of Transport Insights’ current team have initially worked as interns and subject to satisfactory performance in the role, a similar permanent employment opportunity is envisaged for the successful candidate.
Transport Insights is an Irish based transport planning consultancy. With a team of internationally experienced consultants, we provide innovative, effective and deliverable transport related advice and cost effective, sustainable solutions.
We offer a wide range of transport planning related services to clients in public and private sectors including capital investment planning; option appraisal and prioritisation; development and accessibility planning; public transport planning; sustainable transport; traffic and parking management; and transport strategy development.
Our projects require a broad range of skills and the ability to deliver quality work within a fast-moving and deadline-driven environment. We are now seeking an enthusiastic, numerate, client focussed Consultant who is interested in analysing and understanding transport problems and developing sustainable solutions for all transport users. Working within an integrated, collaborative team, this role not only provides you with exposure to a wide variety of projects, but also offers the opportunity to develop and hone your technical skills.
- Providing technical support within project teams under the leadership of Project Managers.
- Assist Project Managers and other project team members in delivering various tasks to meet the project deadlines.
- Support in preparation of design drawings, transport surveys and analysis as directed by project manager.
Student, undergraduate or postgraduate degree in Civil Engineering, Transport Engineering, Planning, Geography and/or other numerate degrees.
Previous experience not essential.
Essential Role Requirements
- Analytically minded and be team oriented.
- Strong interest in transport planning.
Desirable Role Requirements
- Good knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Office packages, AutoCAD/ DraftSight and ArcGIS/qGIS.
- Good communication, problem solving and inter-personal skills.
Rewards and Benefits
- Opportunity to work with a team of internationally experienced consultants on a diverse range of projects.
- Will benefit from one-to-one training in a wide range of transport planning related activities.
To apply, please send a short cover email and your current CV to [email protected].