Primary Location: Dublin, Ireland
Discipline: Transport Planning/ Engineering
Type of Position: Permanent full-time position
Job Posting: July 2020
We are seeking to recruit a new Graduate with a clear interest in developing transport planning and/ or engineering skills within a consultancy environment. The candidate should be self-motivated, enthusiastic, hardworking, flexible, willing to take responsibility and comfortable working as part of team.
The Graduate position is an excellent opportunity for you to join an established team with a diverse client base and a strong pipeline of future work in Ireland and internationally, develop technical expertise in transport planning and engineering, while also gaining project management, client side and corporate exposure. In return, you will benefit from a generous salary and Transport Insights’ employee benefits package, and formal training and development opportunities.
Transport Insights is an Irish based transport planning consultancy. With a team of internationally experienced consultants, we provide innovative, effective and deliverable transport related advice and cost effective, sustainable solutions.
We offer a wide range of transport planning related services to clients in public and private sectors including capital investment planning; option appraisal and prioritisation; development and accessibility planning; public transport planning; sustainable transport; traffic and parking management; and transport strategy development.
Our projects require a broad range of skills and the ability to deliver quality work within a fast-moving and deadline-driven environment. We are now seeking an enthusiastic, numerate, client focussed Consultant who is interested in analysing and understanding transport problems and developing sustainable solutions for all transport users. Working within an integrated, collaborative team, this role not only provides you with exposure to a wide variety of projects, but also offers the opportunity to develop and hone your technical skills.
- Identifying potential opportunities and making referrals to more senior team members.
- Marketing/business development through contributing to and/or drafting of blog articles, fact sheets, articles for industry publications, and other means of building individual and corporate profile.
- Contributing to drafting of proposals.
- Project managing smaller value projects (< ~€2.5k), delivering to time, budget and quality standards.
- Assisting in delivery of larger projects to time, budget and quality standards.
- Support day to day client engagement via telephone and email.
- Proactively contributing at client meetings.
- Own time management.
- Management of field/survey staff.
- A first degree in a scientific or related subject.
- Working toward a Masters level qualification in Transport Planning.
- A proven track record of self-management and delivery of technical assignments.
- Honesty and integrity.
- An ability to communicate technical issues effectively and clearly.
- Clear, accurate and concise report-writing skills.
- Having knowledge and interest in transport planning.
- Demonstrable high degree of numeracy.
- Demonstrable capability in understanding and using industry standard software packages, such as MS Excel, TRICS, LinSIG, ARCADY, PICADY, AutoCAD, GIS etc.
Rewards and Benefits
- Competitive core salary, with additional benefits including:
- staff bonus scheme eligibility,
- company pension contributions,
- income protection and
- death in service cover.
- 25 days annual leave.
- Cycle to work and tax saver public transport schemes.
- One paid annual professional institutional membership fee.
- Formal training and development support.
- Flexible working hours.
- Regular social evenings outside of work! 😊
How to Apply
To apply, please send a short cover email and your current CV to [email protected].