Primary Location: Dublin, Ireland
Discipline: Transport Planning/ Traffic Engineering
Type of Position: Permanent full-time position
Job Posting: 20 May 2021
We are seeking to recruit a Graduate Transport Planner with a clear and strong interest in developing transport planning and/or traffic engineering skills within a consultancy environment. This role offers a unique opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing team with a diverse client base and a strong pipeline of future work in Ireland and internationally.
The candidate should be self-motivated, enthusiastic, hardworking, flexible, willing to take responsibility and comfortable working as part of team. This position will provide an ideal opportunity for the right candidate to build their technical and professional expertise in the transport planning and traffic engineering domain. The role will require strong numeracy and analytical skills to support tasks on strategic transport modelling, demand forecasting, microsimulation, traffic engineering, economic assessment, transport appraisal and business case development projects. In return, you will benefit from a generous salary and Transport Insights’ employee benefits package along with formal training and development opportunities.
Transport Insights is an Irish based transport planning consultancy. With a team of internationally experienced consultants, we provide innovative, effective and deliverable transport related advice and cost effective, sustainable solutions.
We offer a wide range of transport planning related services to clients in public and private sectors including capital investment planning; option appraisal and prioritisation; development and accessibility planning; public transport planning; sustainable transport; traffic and parking management; and transport strategy development.
Our projects require a broad range of skills and the ability to deliver quality work within a fast-moving and deadline-driven environment. We are now seeking an enthusiastic, numerate and business oriented Graduate Transport Planner who is interested in analysing and understanding transport problems and developing sustainable solutions for all transport users. Working within an integrated, collaborative team, this role not only provides you with exposure to a wide variety of projects, but also offers the opportunity to develop a versatile professional profile.
- Identifying potential opportunities and making referrals to more senior team members
- Marketing/business development through contributing to and/or drafting of blog articles, fact sheets, articles for industry publications, and other means of building individual and corporate profile
- Contributing to drafting of proposals
- Provision of analytical support in data processing, analysis and modelling
- Provision of high-quality inputs and contribution to authoring technical reports
- Assisting in delivery of larger projects to time, budget and quality standards
- Support day to day client engagement via telephone and email
- Proactively contributing at client meetings
- Effective own time management
- Management of field/survey staff
- Degree in STEM or related subjects (essential)
- Masters level qualification in Transport Planning (desirable)
- A proven track record of self-management and delivery of high-quality technical assignments.
- Honesty and integrity
- Self-awareness – must understand their own strengths and weaknesses
- Good English skills
- An ability to communicate technical issues effectively and clearly
- Clear, accurate and concise report-writing skills
- Having knowledge and interest in transport planning.
- Demonstrable high degree of numeracy/analytical skills
- Demonstrable capability in understanding and using industry standard software packages, such as MS Excel, TRICS, LinSig, ARCADY, PICADY, CAD, GIS etc.
- Exposure/knowledge/skills on following would be advantageous but not necessary: SATURN, VISUM, CUBE, EMME, MS Access, VBA, SQL etc.
Rewards and Benefits
- Competitive core salary, with additional benefits including:
- staff bonus scheme eligibility,
- company pension contributions,
- income protection, and
- death in service cover
- 25 days annual leave
- Cycle to work and tax saver public transport schemes
- One paid annual professional institutional membership fee
- Formal training and development support
- Flexible working hours
- Regular social evenings outside of work! 😊
How to Apply
To apply, please send a short cover email and your current CV to [email protected].
Transport Insights is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and provides even opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, mental or physical disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Ireland, without requiring support for acquiring employment permit.
No outside recruiters or agencies’ assistance required at this time. We are not accepting unsolicited CVs submitted outside of a formal agreement and will be considered the property of Transport Insights. We reserve the right to pursue those candidates and no referral compensation or fee will be paid.