Primary Location: Dublin, Ireland
Discipline: Transport Planning/ Engineering
Type of Position: Permanent full-time position
Job Posting: 28 April 2021
We are seeking to recruit a Transport Planning Consultant with strong transport planning and/ or engineering skills and experience within a consultancy environment. This role offers a unique opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing team with a diverse client base and a strong pipeline of future work in Ireland and internationally.
The candidate should be self-motivated, enthusiastic, hardworking, flexible and comfortable working as part of team. This position is an excellent opportunity for you to develop technical expertise in transport planning and engineering, while also gaining project management, client side and corporate exposure. In return, you will benefit from a generous salary and Transport Insights’ employee benefits package, and formal training and development opportunities.
Transport Insights is an Irish based transport planning consultancy. With a team of internationally experienced consultants, we provide innovative, effective and deliverable transport related advice and cost effective, sustainable solutions.
We offer a wide range of transport planning related services to clients in public and private sectors including capital investment planning; option appraisal and prioritisation; development and accessibility planning; public transport planning; sustainable transport; traffic and parking management; and transport strategy development.
Our projects require a broad range of skills and the ability to deliver quality work within a fast-moving and deadline-driven environment. We are now seeking an enthusiastic, numerate, client focussed Transport Planning Consultant who is interested in analysing and understanding transport problems and developing sustainable solutions for all transport users. Working within an integrated, collaborative team, this role not only provides you with exposure to a wide variety of projects, but also offers the opportunity to develop and hone your technical skills.
- Identifying potential opportunities and pursuing with clients (making referrals for larger value opportunities to more senior team members)
- Marketing/business development through contributing to and/or drafting of blog articles, fact sheets articles for industry publications, and other means of building individual and corporate profile
- Contributing to development and drafting of medium value proposals (> ~€5k)
- Developing project proposals, leading contract negotiations and securing contracts (smaller proposals (< ~€5k))
- Leading delivery of projects (>~€2.5k, <~€5k) to time, budget and quality standards
- Managing client expectations regarding scope and timescales for smaller projects
- Leading Transport Insights’ representation at client meetings for smaller projects and proactively contributing at client meetings for larger projects
- Responsible for providing support, challenge and direction to staff in developing and delivering solutions that meet company and client expectations
- Responsible for training, developing and mentoring staff, and transferring expertise and knowledge to enhance own and team members’ capabilities
- Management of field/survey staff
- A first degree in a scientific or related subject
- A Masters level qualification in Transport Planning or equivalent
- Working toward Programme & Project Management practitioner
- A minimum of 2 years relevant experience in transport planning or closely related subject
- A minimum of 1 year in client engagement
- A proven track record of delivery at a project level
- Honesty and integrity
- Self-awareness – must understand their own strengths and weaknesses
- Focus on efficiency and effectiveness – push for continuous improvement
- An ability to delegate effectively, to enable and encourage the best from staff
- Effective presentation and advocacy skills
- An ability to communicate complex issues effectively and clearly for technical and non-technical audiences
- Clear accurate and concise report-writing skills
- Transport planning skills with demonstrable operational expertise
- Having a knowledge and understanding of key developments in transport planning
Rewards and Benefits
- Competitive core salary, with additional benefits including:
- staff bonus scheme eligibility,
- company pension contributions,
- income protection, and
- death in service cover
- 25 days annual leave
- Cycle to work and tax saver public transport schemes
- One paid annual professional institutional membership fee
- Formal training and development support
- Flexible working hours
- Regular social evenings outside of work! 😊
How to Apply
To apply, please send a short cover email and your current CV to [email protected].