Job Title: Associate Director (Transport Planning)
Job Posting: November 2021
Transport Insights is an Irish based transport planning consultancy. With a team of internationally experienced consultants, we provide innovative, effective and deliverable transport related advice and cost effective, sustainable solutions.
We offer a wide range of transport planning related services to clients in public and private sectors including feasibility and optioneering studies, GIS accessibility and data analysis, transport scheme appraisal, traffic engineering design and management, traffic and transport modelling, parking analysis and regulatory support, traffic and transport assessments, and active travel and sustainable transport planning.
Our projects require a broad range of skills and the ability to deliver quality work within a fast-moving and deadline-driven environment. We are now seeking an enthusiastic, numerate, client-focussed Associate Director who is interested in analysing and understanding transport problems, and developing sustainable solutions for all transport users. Working within an integrated, collaborative team, this role not only provides you with exposure to a wide variety of projects, but also offers a unique opportunity to develop and hone your technical and leadership skills.
The Associate Director position is an excellent opportunity for you to join an established consultancy which has grown by an average of 35% per annum since 2014, and which has a diverse client base and a strong pipeline of future work in Ireland and internationally. You will lead further expansion of our public sector client base, and in return, you will benefit from a generous salary and comprehensive employee benefits package, in addition to formal training and development opportunities.
Through membership of the Operational Leadership Team, responsible for:
- Developing the Transport Insights’ Business Plan.
- Proactively monitoring and delivering the Transport Insights’ Business Plan.
- Marketing/ business development (via professional papers, blog articles, presentations to professional bodies etc.).
- Leading client relations and developing partnerships.
- Employee recruitment, training and development (helping prioritise training needs across Transport Insights, devising and delivering Transport Insights wide training events etc.), performance management (agreeing standards, levelling performance assessment across Transport Insights etc.).
- Programme delivery (allocating project resources, monitoring project delivery performance etc.).
- Representation of Transport Insights in public forums and substituting for Managing Director as and when necessary.
- Delivery of divisional performance and growth targets.
- Leading divisional client engagement.
- Developing project proposals, leading contract negotiations and securing contracts (larger value proposals (> ~€25k)).
- Leading delivery of programme of projects to time, budget and quality standards.
- Delivery of specific projects to time, budget and quality standards.
- Completing all employee appraisals on time.
- Leading and developing team ethos, culture and performance.
- Providing support, challenge and direction to team members in developing and delivering solutions that meet company and client expectations.
- Training, developing and mentoring team members, and transferring expertise and knowledge to enhance own and team members’ capabilities.
- A first degree in a scientific or related subject (essential).
- A Masters level qualification in Transport Planning or equivalent (desirable).
- Programme and Project Management practitioner (desirable).
- Chartered or working towards professional chartership, such as the Transport Planning Professional (TPP) qualification or Chartered Engineer (CEng) (desirable).
- A minimum of 10 years relevant experience in transport planning or closely related subject.
- A minimum of five years in a leadership role, involving employee management and senior client engagement.
- A proven track record of delivery at a senior level, including in areas such as:
- Transport planning
- Transport modelling and transport scheme appraisal (including cost-benefit analysis)
- Accessibility analysis and planning
- Public transport scheme planning and appraisal
- Behavioural change
- Project and programme management.
- Technical skills:
- Advanced, proven and relevant transport planning skills with demonstrable operational expertise
- Experience in leading and undertaking transport modelling and economic appraisal projects, including use of software such as SATURN, CUBE, VISSIM, VISUM, GIS and TUBA
- Strong visual presentation skills, supporting effective Client, stakeholder and public engagement
- Recognised as having a broad knowledge and understanding of key developments in transport planning and related fields (such as civil engineering and land use planning).
- Communication skills:
- Effective presentation and advocacy skills
- An ability to communicate complex issues effectively and clearly for technical and non-technical audiences at all levels
- Clear accurate and concise report-writing skills
- Well-developed listening and interpersonal skills.
- Leadership skills: Honesty and integrity, self-awareness, vision and innovation, effective delegation, encouraging and inspiring the best from team members.
Rewards and Benefits
- Permanent full-time position
- Competitive core salary
- Employee bonus scheme eligibility
- Loyalty bonus scheme (time + performance related)
- Company pension contributions
- Income protection cover
- Death in service cover
- Training and development support
- 25 days annual leave
- Flexible working hours and hybrid working (optional)
To apply, please send a short cover email and your current CV to [email protected] by Tuesday 04 January 2022.