Ciaran McKeon, Managing Director
BE (Hons) Civil, P. Grad. Dip. Project Management, MIEI
Ciaran is Transport Insights’ Managing Director. His skills lie in his wide-ranging experience of advising clients in Ireland and internationally in successfully securing transport and wider commercial, economic and environmental outcomes. His 21 years’ experience to date has comprised a combined 7 years at local authority (Dublin City Council) and regional planning (Dublin Transportation Office) levels, and the remainder within consultancies supporting a diverse set of private and public sector clients.
Throughout his career, Ciaran has:
- Acted as Area Traffic Engineer for an urban local authority
- Contributed to and managed a range of regional transport planning initiatives, including rail park and ride strategy development, public transport interchange improvements’ projects, an annual road user monitoring project, and Dublin region inputs to a European Union urban transport benchmarking initiative
- Provided full lifecycle support to asset managers and developers, from site acquisition, development feasibility, traffic engineering design and transport impact assessment, through to post-completion operational and management reviews
- Led demand forecasting and cost-benefit analysis activities for a range of sustainable transport projects, including numerous international heavy rail and metro projects
- Managed and directed transport planning inputs to numerous public transport feasibility studies, including €1+ billion metro schemes and urban-wide public transport network reviews in Ireland and internationally
- Undertaken traffic and parking studies for local authorities and commercial clients
- Directed behavioural change initiatives on behalf of clients in commercial and academic sectors
- Provided regulatory support to a national government agency in relation to the clamping industry
- Managed growth and development of Transport Insights’ Dublin-based consultant team.
Ciaran has an in-depth understanding of the critical success factors impacting on development and transport scheme delivery, and how to align such proposals with prevailing policies. His key experience includes:
- Ascertaining key client outcomes, and development of effective analytical approaches
- Effective project management, with a focus on results
- Coordinating technical teams and related project inputs
- Develop and manage relationships with wider client planning and design team members
- Corporate leadership and business delivery
- Client advice and expert witness representation at oral hearings.